After having been based in Thailand and he worked in various financial leadership positions for the last 20 years, he returned to Germany for private reasons end of 2017. However, he is now again ready to return to Asia, and He is looking for opportunities to work as a CFO / Finance Director.
Before returning to Germany he held an interim CFO position at a wind energy company in Thailand for almost a year. However, prior to that, he spent 12 years at a large facility services company (OCS Group with headquarters in the UK) as their Regional CFO Southeast Asia, South Asia & Middle East (Region 3) based in Bangkok. My responsibilities grew over the years through acquisitions and newly incorporated companies to 23 subsidiaries (in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia), and he was promoted at first to Regional Finance Director and later to Regional CFO. OCS then had a turnover of more than 250 mill. GBP in Region 3 and about 55,000 employees.
Prior to OCS he worked for LINDE Refrigeration as their Finance Director Asia Pacific, where he obtained manufacturing industry experience as the company had two CKD production facilities in Asia (in Thailand and China).
His CFO responsibilities encompassed the usual standard functions such as accounting and reporting, controlling, finance, purchasing, IT and corporate law, but also especially the areas of mergers & acquisitions and strategy & business improvement (incl. SAP implementation in Thailand and India).
- Training as Financial Advisor and Finance Coach with Deutsche Vermögensberatung AG and apprenticeship in Business Administration graduated at IHK Arnsberg.
- Profound experience in the field of mergers & acquisitions and post-merger integration.
- Profound knowledge in controlling and finance & accounting (IFRS, USGAAP, HGB) as well as (international) tax law.
- Strong communication skills, team player, convincing appearance, assertiveness and can-do-attitude, as well as quick learner and strong analytical skills.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Dipl. Kfm.) with a focus on Accounting and Finance, Corporate Taxation and Business IT.
- Requested Position: Financial Director
- Requested Region: Thailand & Asia Pacific
- Current Position: Regional CFO Southeast Asia
- Field of Experience: Financial Advisory
- Years of Experience: 25
- Nationality: Germany
- Age: 56
- Gender: Male
- Language: German / English
- Availability: Immediately
- Expected Salary: Negotiable